Be glad your car doesn't run on cough syrup, after shave, coffee or printer ink!
March 24, 2008
The high cost of petrol looks very different when put int perpective. Here is something floating on the Internet that opens your eyes to how much you fork out without thinking...
Over the weekend, one of my friends in Bangalore filled up her car's fuel tank, and thought fuel has become really expensive after the recent price hike. But then she compared it with other common liquids and did some quick calculations, and felt a little better.
To know why, see the results below – you'll be surprised at how outrageous some other prices are ! I thought it was worth sharing...
Diesel (regular) in Mumbai : Rs.36.08 per litre Petrol (speed) in Mumbai : Rs.52 per litre
* Coca Cola 330 ml can : Rs.20 = Rs.61 per litre,
* Dettol antiseptic 100 ml Rs.20 = Rs.200 per litre,
* Radiator coolant 500 ml Rs.160 = Rs.320 per litre,
* Pantene conditioner 400 ml Rs..165 = Rs.413 per litre,
* Medicinal mouthwash like Listerine 100 ml Rs.45 = Rs. 450 per litre,
* Red Bull 150 ml can : Rs.75 = Rs.500 per litre,
* Corex cough syrup 100 ml Rs.57 = Rs. 570 per litre,
* Evian water 500 ml Rs. 330 = Rs. 660 per litre,
Rs. 500 for a litre of WATER???!!!
And the buyers don't even know the source
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
* Kores whiteout 15 ml Rs. 15 = Rs. 1000 per litre,
* Cup of coffee at any decent business hotel 150 ml Rs. 175 = Rs. 1167, per litre
* Old Spice after shave lotion 100 ml Rs. 175 = Rs. 1750 per litre,
* Pure almond oil 25 ml Rs. 68 = Rs. 2720 per litre,
* And this is the REAL KICKER... HP deskjet colour ink cartridge 21 ml Rs.1900 = Rs. 90476 per litre!!!
Now you know why computer printers are so cheap ? So they have you hooked for the ink ! So, the next time you're at the pump, don't curse our honorable Petroleum minister – just be glad your car doesn't run on cough syrup, after shave, coffee, or God forbid, printer ink -- Sucheta Dalal